There are may methods for generating strong password. The four word method is strong but many people find its too long to type. The song method is best for most people. We want a good strong 10 digit password.
- Pick a song you know the lyrics to.
- Write down the first letter of the first eight words. For example “Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you” would be: hbtyhbty
- Next add capital letters to the beginning of each phrase. HbtyHbty
- Then add numbers. A b looks like a 6. So H6tyH6ty
- Finally add symbol or two. You might add a forward slash or dash between phrases and an explanation point to the end. H6ty-H6ty!
That is it. you have your password. now you can sing it every time you type it and you will never forget.
What if you never had to remember multiple passwords again? We can help you set up 1Password, migrate all your passwords into it and show you how to use it. Give us a call to schedule a time today. It will make your life much, much easier.